Weber Genesis E-320
Way back in 1952, George Stephen turned a metal buoy he was making at Weber Brothers Metal Works into a barbecue grill which revolutionized the industry. The Weber kettle barbecue appeared in the shape we still know today in 1956. The shape has changed little but has gone through many variations in style and fuel types over the past fifty years.
A Bit Of Weber History
Original Weber Kettle
The Weber Kettle
Weber Gas Kettle
Enter The Weber Genesis Gas Grill (1985)More than 30 years later and Weber introduced the Genesis gas grill and set a new standard in barbecue grills. The Weber Genesis uses an innovative system of carefully angled metal bars to distribute heat more evenly and guide drippings away from the food resulting in easier cleaning and less flare-ups.
Genesis E-320 Grill Features (2011)The Weber Genesis® E-320 continues the tradition of excellence with with an exceptional range of useful features including:
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars
- 3 Stainless steel burners
- 2 Stainless steel work surfaces
- Total cooking area = 637 sq in (main cooking area of 507 sq in and warming area of 130 sq in)
- Flush-mounted side burner
- Electronic ignition system
- Front-mounted control knobs
- Porcelain-enameled shroud with a center-mounted thermometer and accent-colored, cast-aluminum end caps
Genesis E-320 Cart FeaturesNaturally, a wonderful cooking tool deserves a wonderful platform to work from so the cart includes features such as:
- Accent-colored painted steel frame
- Corresponding painted steel doors and stainless steel handles
- Accent-colored painted side and rear panels
- Enclosed tank storage area and precision fuel gauge (LP models only, tank not included)
- Heavy-duty front locking casters and heavy-duty back swivel casters
Color SelectionThe LP (propane) grill is available in black, copper and green while the NG (natural gas) version is available in black. The NG grill comes complete with a 10 foot flexible gas hose.
The Weber WarrantyThe warranty Weber has on it's Genesis range shows great confidence in the product. The warranty includes:
- Porcelain-enameled hood - 25 years
- Stainless steel burners - 10 years
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron cooking grates - 5 years, no rust through or burn through
- Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer® bars - 2 years, no rust through or burn through
- Paint - 2 years (excludes fading)
- Cast aluminum parts - 25 years (2 years on paint, excludes fading)
- All other parts - 2 years
In My Opinion...
...it is difficult to go past any Weber barbecue and the Genesis E-320 is no exception. With stunning looks, reliability and the size to cook a decent meal for a family or group of friends without going overboard this grill stands head and shoulders above its competition.
Searching various forums, it is difficult to come up with any real criticisms which have not been taken care of between one generation of Genesis barbecues and the next. Most comments are from satisfied users who are happy to sing the praises of the E-320.
WL - WebLinks Directory